Thursday, July 28, 2011

Grilling

So for father's day, I got Chris a little grill from Walmart. We tried it out later that week, and it didn't work so hot. As in literally, it didn't get hot enough to cook the patties. I was kinda bummed, but knew I couldn't have expected much from a little grill that was so cheap. Even so, I knew that Chris liked to grill things, and I knew that I liked eating grilled things, so I did some research.

I learned that one of the biggest problems was probably caused by our use of charcoal. The grill had come with some charcoal that said it didn't need lighter fluid because you just lit the whole bag on fire. Well, they didn't really light. So Chris pulled out the lighter fluid and got 'em cooking, but it never got hot enough. In my research I also learned that that little bit of charcoal was probably not nearly enough to cook the meat.

So on the fourth of July weekend, we decided to try it again, this time with Kingsford (not the inneffective brand of charcoal that came with the grill) and used a lot more briquettes this time. The result: some first rate burgers! My man can really cook, and those were some tasty tasty burgers.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! Love the posts about your joint adventures in cooking.

    ReplyDelete