Friday, March 15, 2013

No news is good news?

So I'm just over a week away from my due date (which is March 24th) and feel both ready and not ready for this baby to come. Not much new to report, except that he was still really high at my last doctor's appointment. Which I'm okay with. Chris and I are physically prepared for him to come (I think...) but mentally, I'm good if he bakes for a little longer. I'm really excited to meet him and hold him and smooch his baby cheeks and stuff, but I'm also still apprehensive about labor and delivery (is there any first time mom who isn't apprehensive about labor and delivery?). On top of that, I'm feeling pretty awesome physically which is a rarity amongst women at almost 39 weeks, so I'm counting my blessings and not super concerned if he doesn't come before his due date.

In related news, Braxton Hicks contractions are cool and weird at the same time. I've been having at least a few every day (usually when I haven't had enough water to drink) and it's got to be one of the strangest sensations.

Baby? Momma loves you, and you'll be here before I know it. :)


2 comments:

  1. The whole thing just makes me sooo happy! ...sigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good to me. You are doing a great job. Brandon stayed high, was due March 23 1984, arrived April 2 after second attempt at starting labor. But like you I felt great and was okay with being a little over-due. Love you Sarah...carry on.

    ReplyDelete